Election of Councillors
For the under mentioned Parishe
To be held on Thursday, 2nd May 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
- Elections are to be held for Councillors for the under mentioned Parishes and Parish Wards.
- The number of Councillors to be elected is:
|Ashwell 5||Barleythorpe 8||Barrowden 7|
|Belton-in-Rutland 7||Braunston-in-Rutland 7||Caldecott 7|
|Cottesmore 9||Edith Weston 7||Empingham 9|
|Essendine 6||Exton and Horn 9||Great Casterton 5|
|Greetham 8||Ketton 13||Langham 9|
|Little Casterton 5||Lyddington 7||Manton 7|
|Market Overton 7||Morcott 7||North Luffenham 8|
|Oakham – Barleythorpe Road Ward 1||Oakham – North East Ward 3||Oakham – North West Ward 3|
|Oakham – South Ward 5||Ridlington 7||Ryhall 11|
|Seaton 5||South Luffenham 7||Stretton 6|
|Uppingham 15||Whissendine 9||Wing 7|
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the address shown below, between the hours of 10am and 4pm on any working day after the date of this notice but no later than 4pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019. Extended hours have been arranged for Monday, 1st April from 10am until 8pm.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer during the times stated above.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday, 12th April 2019. Applications can be made online at www.gov.uk/registertovote.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
- Applications to vote by proxy must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
Dated: Monday, 25th March 2019
Helen Briggs Returning Officer
Rutland County Council, Catmose