HELP SHAPE RUTLAND’S LOCAL PLAN
Residents are being given the opportunity to share their views and help shape Rutland’s Local Plan, during an eight-week consultation that runs until Monday 25th September.
The Local Plan provides planning policies for the whole of Rutland, as well as identifying the main locations for future development in the County.
The latest version of the Local Plan is currently being reviewed with the aim of extending the plan period from 2026 to 2036, setting out where additional new housing, employment and other development will be needed during this time.
As part of this process, the Council is seeking people’s views on a new Draft Local Plan that identifies provisional sites for additional employment, retail, waste management and minerals-related development, along with space for approximately 1,700 additional new homes to meet housing needs in Rutland over the plan period.
Cllr Oliver Hemsley, Portfolio Holder for Growth, Trading Services and Resources, said:
“This is a great opportunity for local people to get involved and help shape future development in Rutland. One of the Council’s main aims is to help deliver sustainable growth in the county – growth that meets the needs of both current and future generations of residents while also protecting our rural environment. We are keen to hear feedback from residents and local businesses to ensure the Local Plan reflects the needs, expectations and views of our community.”
In addition to information available on the website, the Council is holding a series of exhibitions where people can find out more about the key proposals. Residents will also be given the chance to speak with Planning Officers at community roadshows that are being held throughout August and September. Details of when and where the exhibitions and roadshows will be are as follows:
Community Roadshow Dates (manned)
- Little Casterton Church – Thursday 3rd August 12pm-3pm
- Ketton library – Wednesday 9th August 2pm – 5.30pm
- Ryhall Library – Thursday 17th August 2pm – 6pm
- Uppingham Library – Tuesday 22nd August 3pm – 6pm
- Victoria Hall, Oakham – Saturday 2rd September 10am-1pm
- Whissendine Village Hall – Tuesday 12th September 4pm-7pm
- Greetham Community Centre – Thursday 14th September 4pm-7pm
- Cottesmore Village Hall – Tuesday 19th September 4pm – 6.45pm
Exhibition Dates (unmanned)
- Ketton library – 2nd – 9th August
- Ryhall Library – 10th – 17th August
- Uppingham Library – 19th – 26th August
- Oakham Library (at the museum) – 29th August- 8 th September
- Oakham Council Offices – 31st July – 25th Sept
The Draft Local Plan can also be read in full online by visiting: www.rutland.gov.uk/localplanreview
Feedback on the Plan can be submitted using the online response form provided or in writing to: The Planning Policy Manager, Rutland County Council, Catmose, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP.
Once the consultation is complete, Rutland County Council will consider all comments received before preparing a submission version of the Local Plan in early in 2018.