The agenda for Climate Action Network Meeting on 8th July. The agenda is broad to reflect the nature of a ‘first meeting’ and the aim is to connect people and to start the ball rolling.
This invitation was directed to parish councils but also open to invite someone from our community who has a keen interest. Please advise Caroline – parish clerk – email@example.com if you are interested in joining this zoom meeting
Rutland Climate Action
Thursday 8th July @ 7:30pm via Zoom
- Welcome, introductions, housekeeping, apologies for absence
- Aims and Objectives:
- Getting started: structure / connecting people / roll of the Network
- Developing a community strategy:
- Identifying need, main concerns
- Identifying short, medium, long term aims
- Sign posting to relevant organisations
- Great Big Green Week
- Community Website
- Tree planting opportunity
- Date of the Next meeting
Additional Starters for 10 notes (numbered according to agenda item). Please note anything written here is to be viewed as a starting point – nothing is set in stone – this is a network by the community for the community.
2) Aims and Objectives:
- Ambition: every village and both towns have their own climate action group (where necessary villages can group together as per some of the Flower Shows in the county e.g. Preston, Wing, Ridlington and Pilton)
- Outputs from the Future Rutland Conversation – incorporation
- Organisation: need for a lead in each group
- Sustainable Land Trust: helpful questions to consider prior to the meeting:
- Who would benefit most from training and support within your community? and why?
- What are the big issues that you are trying to tackle?
- 1. Social
- 2. Environmental
- What work are you already doing that involves climate, biodiversity, sustainability and social issues? and who is helping you with this?
- What are the results you want to see and how will you influence this change in your local environment and community?
- 1. The results you want to achieve
- 2. How you will influence change
3) Great Big Green Week: https://greatbiggreenweek.com/
- 18th – 26th September: a reasonable date to aim for a launch of our website / holding events across the county etc etc
4) Community Website:
- National Lottery funding has been received to develop a bespoke website for our community ‘Rutland Climate Action’
- Each group will need someone to lead on content for their page: contact details for people to get involved in their immediate area, opportunity to share news / successes etc etc
5) Tree planting: RCC in the process of applying for a grant – focus on community tree planting – volunteer villages / green space / people required – subject to the success of the grant application